The Sikh Cultural Centre
- Capt Bhag Singh Memorial Educational Scholarship
Objective of Scholarship:
A Scholarship to promote education/skill development amongst preferably Sikh children
Scope of Scholarship:
To pursue graduate and post-graduate education and skill based courses.
- 1. Shall function under the aegis of The Sikh Cultural Centre, Kolkata- a Registered organisation formed in 1954 .
(Donations under 80G )
- 2. Two different categories of scholarships to be provided- International and National level.
- 3. Gender Neutral Policy will be followed.
- 1. Anyone can contribute or submit their Daswandh for the scholarship fund.
- 2. Preferably, donor should indicate the time duration of the donation - one year or multiple year commitment.
- 3. Donor should indicate frequency of donation - biannual, annual or one-lump-sum contribution
- 4. Donor will have the privilege to know, in general/broadly, where the donation is being/has been utilized. In some cases, where matching of donation with the beneficiary is possible, the progress of the student will be shared.
Domestic/ National Scholarship
- Immediate Phase 1
- 1. Students to apply for the scholarship for their Bachelor’s and Master’s
education. PhD is generally based on University scholarship, but in absence of scholarship from the University funding will be considered.
- 2. Students with a minimum score of 65 percent or equivalent Grade points at 12th
class are eligible to apply for scholarship for Bachelor’s course.
- 3. Students with a minimum score of 55 percent or equivalent Grade points at Bachelor
level are eligible to apply for scholarship for Master’s course.
- 4. Only one applicant per family to be considered in an academic session.
- 5. Applicant’s family income from all sources in the last financial year should be less than
- 6. The scholarship shall be available to those pursuing B.Tech., MBBS, BDS,
,Honours in B.Sc./ B.Com/ Social Sciences., LLB, BBA, M.Tech., M.Arch.,M.Sc.,M.Com.,
M.Tech., LLM, MBA, MD, MS, Diploma courses in Media/Management/Finance
/ Journalism or equivalent Professional courses.
- 7. .Students studying in Institutions provided in the Rank list by Ministry of
Education, GOI (NIRF Rank) and/or awarded Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment
and Accreditation Council (NAAC) UGC/other Govt agency shall be considered
for the scholarship. Those studying in institutions other than those ranked as
above shall have to submit document indicating placement record of the
institution for last three years.
- 8.. Continuation of scholarship in subsequent years shall be subject to student’s
performance in the previous two semester examinations i.e. he/she should have cleared all
papers in one attempt.
- 9.The institute fees component shall be credited into bank account of the institute and balance amount of Scholarship amount shall be credited into Bank account of the student
concerned in two equal instalments in an academic year ( This amount mY also be utilised for improving professional skills, including language proficiency. Those studying in
Semester mode shall have to provide a certificate from the Head of the
institution confirming continuation of studies.
- Second Phase.
- 1. Students pursuing Master’s course shall be applicable to apply for the
- 2. Two Letters of Recommendation shall be required along with the application.
- 3. Students pursuing a Master’s course in USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand,
Australia shall be eligible to apply, subject to their institution being listed in the
Rank list of International ranking agency such as QS World University
rankings, Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- 4. Mode of disbursement of Scholarship amount shall be as detailed above for National Scholarship (Sr. No. 9).
Title of Scholarship:
There will be 8 categories of scholarships, 4 for male and 4 for females, under the aegis of Sikh Educational Scholarship
- 1. Baba Ajit Singh Scholarship - Postgraduate Science/Engineering
- 2. Baba Jujhar Singh Scholarship - Post graduate Non-Science
- 3. Baba Zoravar Singh Scholarship - Undergraduate Science/Engineering
- 4. Baba Fateh Singh Scholarship - Undergraduate Non- Science
1.The applicant shall submit 2 recommendations - first, of the Principal/ Head of the institution and second of the faculty member of the institution last attended.
2.Confirmed Admission documents from the Institution - letter of admission.
3.Scholarship amount shall be disbursed as detailed above under National Scholarship (Sr. No. 9).
4. Additional/special financial assistance, on case by case basis, for entrance to NDA, IMA, and Civil services.
- 1. Bibi Amro Scholarship - Postgraduate Science/Engineering
- 2. Bibi Bhani Scholarship - Postgraduate Non-Science
- 3. Bibi Viro Scholarship - Undergraduate Science/Engineering
- 4. Bibi Roop Kaur Scholarship - Undergraduate Non-Science
- 1. Interested and eligible candidates to apply online at
cc: to bakshi_inderjeet@ yahoo.co.in
on a prescribed Application Form followed by hard copy along with family annual income certificate, undertaking that no other financial assistance is being availed and other testimonials.
Send Hard Copy via Speed Post to:
Dr. I.S.Bakshi ,
C-2/24, 4th floor
Lord Krishna Enclave
Sushant Lok, phase1 ,
Mob. : 9899173647
- 2. Short listed candidates will have to attend a personal interview with the Screening and Selection Committee at designated place and time.Scholarship up to Rs One Lac /year shall be awarded to Bachelor’s candidates and up to Rs 1.50 lacs per year to Master’s candidates.
Sikh Cultural Centre will announce the Results by 15th Aug'22